For Optimum Security
- Stop all deliveries for mail, newspaper,arrange handbill pickup.
- Let neighbor and police know when you are leaving and returning.
- Leave shades and blinds in normal positions.
- Arrange for lawn mowing, snow shoveling, etc.
- Set up timers for lights in house.
- Have first aid kit, flashlight and flares in car.
- Make a list to take along of phone numbers of neighbors, friends.
- Lock all doors and windows, turn off stove, coffee pot.
- Record serial numbers, descriptions of valuables going on trip.
- Never leave valuables unattended in vehicle or hotel room.
- Don't accept a room next to a stairwell in a hotel.
- Use travelers checks and credit cards when possible.
- Ask for carbon copies from charge slips.
- List phone numbers for credit card and card numbers in separate place from cards.
- Lock car doors at all times, even while moving.
- Witness any repair work on your vehicle.
- Don't give personal information to strangers.
- Don't give your house keys to parking attendants.
- Don't leave children unattended.
- Check doors and windows before entering.
- If any are open, DON'T ENTER, CALL THE POLICE.
- Start deliveries again, let neighbors know you have returned.
Back to Home Security Page Back to Allied Locksmiths of Youngstown Homepage
LockSite®, Copyright © 2000Printed in U.S.A.